Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

My dad's coming home today!! Praise the Lord! He's eating pretty well. He gets full really easy and his throat is sore from having the nasogastric tube in for a week, but he's tolerating them pretty well. He's sticking to soft foods and seems to be digesting them well. He will still have his J-tube until after chemo/radiation. The feeding tube was surgically inserted to give him nutrition, basically formula, but they stopped for now. He is so happy to be getting out of the 4 walls of the hospital room. Can you blame him? I mean who likes to be woken up every 2 hours for someone to prick your finger or give you shots or take your blood pressure? I don't want to volunteer. The cancer did spread to his lymph nodes. They took all the nodes around the area and 8 out of 14 were affected, so all the cancer's out. Let's just pray the chemo/radiation get rid of it forever!! We still have a long few months to come, but I'm confident in the ultimate Healer. God is teaching me so much through this. To praise Him in the rain. When you're down the only way to look is up and you want peace and strength and comfort, and He wants praise. To have you seek Him and thank Him for the difficult times so we can learn and give Him glory. The Mercy Me song has personal meaning now. I can't thank you enough for all of your prayers...they were heard!

Bring The Rain

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good report. I will have to YouTube the Mercy Me song. Linda Colson

MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...

Kelly- I am so excited that your dad is at home! He is so blessed to have the best daughter/nurse ever! I love the song that you printed, and how true it is. Love you! MC & Baby T