Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dad Update

I just wanted to give an update on my dad. He's out of ICU and on a step down unit. The morphine he's on makes him really groggy and he's confused most of the time. It's hard seeing him like that even though I know it's the drugs. Casey spent the last night with him and I'll stay tonight. Hopefully it'll be uneventful. He pulled his nasal gastric tube out of his nose this morning, had a nose bleed, and they had to put the tube back down poor thing. They have him walking to his door and back and sitting in a chair. Hopefully he'll be walking more and talking nonsense less. Thank you so much for your prayers and calls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those evil nose tubes! I don't blame him. I do hope he won't have to put up with that much longer. Linda and Larry

Josh and Donna said...

y'all are so sweet to stay with him, i know that means a lot! we're still praying!