Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dad Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on my dad. He'll be having surgery on Friday to remove the cancer in his esophagus. All of our prayers have been answered so far. The cancer hasn't spread so he won't need chemo/radiation after surgery. The cancer's small and close to the stomach so they'll just cut it out and stretch the stomach up. It sounds like it'll be a long and slow recovery, but that's ok. I can't thank you enough for your calls and prayers. It means so much to me to have such wonderful friends in our lives. Please pray that the surgery goes well and is uncomplicated. Please pray that he'll be able to come off the ventilator quickly unlike his previous surgery and that the doctor's will be able to get all of the cancer. I'll let you know the surgery goes on Friday!

4 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

praise the Lord! yay!

Kate said...

We will definitely be praying!! Where is the surgery going to be?

Joni said...

Hey,
Thanks so much for an update. Darrell and I have been wondering how he is doing. We will be praying for his surgery on Friday.
Joni :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for your dad tommorow!!! I'll call you this weekend if that is okay...I just remembered you texted me this week...I'm sorry I forgot to call you back! I'm too cheap to text!

Christine