Thursday, September 17, 2009

34 Weeks and Counting...







Monday Molly turned 34 weeks! Yay! One more week and she won't have to go to the NICU if she comes early. Woo hoo! 34 weekers are definitely fine for the most part...need some help eating until they have enough energy and are SO cute...about 4 1/2 -5 pounds. But....I'd like Molly to stay in a few more weeks to get those lungs nice and ready!


We've been busy around here trying to get the nursery finished, cleaning and washing clothes and baby items people at work have so generously given us, baby showers, attempting to make her quilt in my spare time, and plus the normal everyday chores. It's really fun imagining the little girl who will be using all this stuff....sooner than we think. I'm feeling pretty good these days....still sick of course although not everyday...Praise the Lord. I get really tired ALL the time and have had to split my 3 12 hour nights up because I'm contracting. Splitting them up has helped a lot and I just try to drink a ton of water. Molly seems to literally be growing EVERY DAY! She is now big enough to kick my ribs and sqiurm all of the place! She's so low that I was hoping to avoid the rib kicking everybody talks about. It's actually not TOO bad just noticeable. It's so amazing to see her and feel her moving all around. The other day I was laying on the couch and all of a sudden one side of my stomach was flat and a HUGE lump was sticking out on the other side. Ha! I love trying to figure which body parts I can feel....her butt, knees, and feet so far I think. I went to the doctor yesterday and she's head down which is great! I had a small placenta previa (where the placenta covers the cervix) but it has moved up...a little...1 1/2 cm. He says that good enough for him so no scheduled c-section. I am preparing myself for either though. I just want her to come to the world healthy and safe. I'd rather not have the longer recovery from surgery, but considering my small frame and her big head (thanks Casey!) she may not make it out. We'll see....I'm definitley gonna try! Her head is measuring a week and a half older....bigger!

Here are a couple pics from my showers and my 34 week pic. Casey is planning on taking our maternity pics next week....so be looking for those!

34 Weeks
Man...that belly looks like it's gonna fall to the ground!
This is at my family shower on Saturday. Grammy and Grandpa Colson and Uncle Eric and Aunt Jennifer came over for the special occasion. I'm so sad we didn't get a mom and Grandmothers picture. My forgetful brain....

This is the blanket I came home from the hospital in. My mom gave me this, my coming home outfit, and several of my baby blankets and outfits. It was so sweet!
My niece Murphy checking out the rocker my Grandmother gave me. It was my mom's as a baby. She recanned the seat which looks amazing. I still can't believe she did that for me. Murph apparently will have to get used to it!


Some friends at work gave me a shower last night at the Cheesecake Factory. Mmmm! This was the label on the cupcakes boxes my friend Brooke made.
These are the beautiful and yummy bird cupcakes my friends Brooke and Danielle made with fondant and all!
These are beautiful thank you notes Brooke made. It's hard to see but they say Molly on them and have different animals. I can't believe the time and thought that went into these.
Creative Brooke again put together this sweet outfit with Molly embroidered and all!

The pregnant Mamas at work! There are 6 of us pregnant right now! Nobody drink the water at Northside!! Lauren on the left is preggers with twin boys! And Amy in the middle is having a boy in January!

Some of the great friends who came out in the torrential downpour last night for my shower! My friend Danielle's little boy Ferris is the legs stick up. Ha!

My sweet friends Danielle, Brooke, and Leslie who gave me the shower. And of course...Ferris the monkey! Hee Hee!

Isn't this so cute? Brooke made this frame and had people sign notes for Molly.

Creative Danielle cross stitched this for me. It'll look great in her room!







2 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

you look great! so exciting!

Linda said...

Wow, Kelly, you are truely blessed with so many wonderful friends. Thank you for your faithful weekly posting. I can't wait for week 35.
Love,
Grammy