Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Homemade Crafts

For the past 2 weekends we've had some sort of craft to make. Two weekends ago, Casey's parents came over and we put them to work. Casey is teaching elementary during his student teaching this semester and next week he'll start high school. He has to have teacher examples of all the art they make, so Mr. Colson put us to work. My brother and his family were in town that weekend as well, so my nieces and nephew (ages 12, 13, &14) came over to help. We made individual trains to hook together. Unfortunately we didn't take a picture of the finished product.But apparently it was the hit of the school!






Hee..hee..I love Larry's face right here! He looks so proud of his 2nd grade train! We had to dry them faster so we could put buttons and do dads on them!! There were 8 trains total.



Then last weekend, Casey and I decided
 to make Valentines for our family. It was so fun!! I love having an elementary school teacher in our midst. It brought me back to my childhood. We had so much fun painting and decorating our valentines and then attached some caramel Hershey's kisses on them. Hee..Hee! Who knows what we'll be doing next weekend!








2 comments:

Bethany O'Bryant said...

I LOVE all the homemade crafts! We do lots of crafts and art projects at our house...and it is so much fun! I think the valentines are sooo sweet!

Jeremy and Jessica Bagge said...

looks like fun to me!