Thursday, December 11, 2008

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!


Well...it's here. My favorite time of year. We got our tree about 2 weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to putting up pictures. It's so pretty! I decided I wanted white lights this year instead of multi-colored. And I'm decorating my first live wreath. More pics to come!! I thought it would be fun to post what our favorite things about this time of year are.

1. Starbuck's holiday drinks (especially Peppermint Mocha)
2. That great Christmas tree smell
3. Egg nog! Mmmm!
4. Cuddling with Casey having only the tree lights on and a fire
5. The hope of snow on Christmas! *sigh* Too bad we don't live in the northern states
6. Christmas songs and Christmas shopping
7. And of course...the whole reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place. To be reminded that Jesus came to earth born as a special small little baby with such a big responsibility. To think about him growing into a boy then into a man so perfect. To sacrifice himself for us when we are so unworthy, so we could have salvation...his grace is truly amazing.

So what are your favorite things about Christmas???







4 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

looks GREAT! and i love the peppermint mocha as well, it will change a girl's life.

Joni said...

Your house looks SO wonderful. I love peppermint mochas, too!!!

Linda said...

Your list is perfect. It sounds like happiness. I love your pictures of the tree and mantle...so neat and cheerful. Is that a stuffed toy under the tree?

holly said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS, TOO!!

You've got a great list, and I agree with every on of your Christmas Items!
Peppermint Mochas
Christmas Cards and Letters
Eggnogg
Christmas Decorations and Lights
Christmas Music
Christmas Goodies
Snow, and LOTS of it in New Mexico!
Getting together with Friends and Family
Baking cookies for Santa and carrots for the Reigndeer
and OFCOURSE,
Waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve!