Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star....

We've gave my sister a baby shower last weekend. She got lots of fun stuff...I don't think she'll have to buy anything. She's having a little girl, Murphy. I wanted to do something special for he so I made her a baby quilt. It was my first one ever. Quilting is definitely my new hobby. It was so much fun. Check out the pics.

A work in progress
The finished quilt!



My favorite quilt animal. Casey drew this one for me. Then I traced, cut, and appliqued the pieces down. Then I embroidered the edges on the machine and hand embroidered the eyes and mouth. Isn't he cute??

A lot of my pictures were blurry, so this the only good one of her opening the quilt. There were tears involved when she realized I made it. It was very sweet.


And on another note...one of my best friends from high school got married on Saturday. I was a bridesmaid, but was not very good at taking pictures. I didn't even get one of us together! Her name's Jennifer. She looked absolutely beautiful! Congrats Mrs. Dooley!

A few of the bridesmaids!


5 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

GIRL. That quilt is amazing. AMAZING! I didn't know you were "sew" good at the needle!

Joni said...

Awesome quilt! I'm way impressed. The frog is super cute :)

Beth said...

You did a great job on the quilt!!!!

Bethany O'Bryant said...

I love the quilt, it's so cute!

Linda said...

Way to go Kelly. I'm truely impressed with the finished quilt. I know Ginger will cherish it.