Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Update

I can't think you enough for your prayers this week. It means so much to us knowing we have brothers and sisters kneeling before our God with us. Well...our prayers have been answered in a different way. My dad does has esophageal cancer. We don't know much more than that. He's going to meet with a thoracic surgeon from Crawford Long, who we're told is the best in the country. There are some surgeries they can do to remove the cancerous part of the esophagus and either attach some of the small intestine or stretch the stomach up if the part is low enough. My dad will have a barium swallow tomorrow. I'm not sure what that will show us. I guess to see how it's hindering his swallowing. He'll also have a CT scan to see if the cancer has spread. I'm doing ok. We're about to go over to my parents, but I had time to right this while Casey's in the shower. Now we would love your prayers in a different direction.

Please pray:

-the cancer has NOT spread and is only very small in the esophagus
-My dad will be able to undergo surgery (He has compromised lungs only 30% and 70% lung capacity from problems with his bypass surgery years ago)
-The cancer is near the stomach so the surgery is less invasive

I'll keep you updated when I know more. Thank you so much for your prayers and calls.

3 comments:

Grant said...

Kelly, we are praying with you and your family! Stay strong and call if you need anything! ~B

Josh and Donna said...

we love you guys and are joining y'all in prayer for the new specific requests.

Unknown said...

Kelly,
We are praying for yoursweet dad and family! We love you guys! MC and Daniel