Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Deeper Still

I went to Nashville this weekend with Brooke, Valerie, and Mary Catherine. We went to the Deeper Still conference to hear Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer. Can I just say....amazing! Each speaker brought something different and the way God spoke through them how can anyone deny him. Their study was based on David and how God directed his life. To be honest...my relationship with Christ has really benn non-existent lately. Satan had really got a hold and tempted me away from God. I didn't even want to go this weekend and now I know it was the enemy trying to keep me from running back to God. It's amazing how easily swayed you are when you aren't in the Word and talking with Christ everyday. I mean....you hope that you're showing people you work with the something different you have....but when you join in to the gossip fest or laugh at horrible worldly stories...I was not separating myself from the world. God showed me this weekend how lovingly he accepts you back, how I need to obediently follow his guidance and direction and not plan my life myself, and simply spend more time with Him getting to know Him more. Please pray that as I come down from this mountaintop experience I continue to deepen my relationship with God and follow his direction. Pray that God opens doors at work to share about him. Pray that Casey and I can find a church to get involved in. I'm pouring my heart out more than I normally do but what kind of friends are we if we can't share hard personal times as well. Thanks for listening. I'm so pumped about what God's going to do in our lives and I can't wait to go Deeper Still.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so encouraging when others share their hearts! i will be praying for you and am excited to see what God will do with your willing and humble spirit. love you!

The Hudgins said...

kelly,
thanks for sharing that. i wanna go deeper too. it was so easy in college with everything that was so readily available in the way of Bible Studies, worship, incred. speakers....when you are thrown into the "real world" sometimes we are drawn away from what makes us grow, mature, and go deeper in our walk with Christ. I am in desperate need of more fellowship with Him too! Will be praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, thanks for sharing that. I'm right where you were before you left for the weekend. As Tara said, the "real world" is so hard to be in and hello I'm not even really in it, but PT school is just as bad I feel. Just not having the BSU family around, and only hanging out with my classmates is hard b/c I'm definately not a growing Christian right now, nor am I around any and I definitely can tell that Satan has a hold on me most of the time. I'll be praying for you as we both try to dig deeper in our walk. Miss you guys....

Joni said...

Hey Kelly! Good stuff, thanks for sharing and so glad you went last weekend and had an awesome time. We'll be praying for y'all -especially the church hunt. That'll make a huge difference.