Friday, October 29, 2010

One Year Ago...



If you haven't figured it out yet...I'm big on anniversaries, numbers, and how they intertwine. For instance...how cool would it have been to have THIS birthday (10/10/10 at 10:10)???

We've had a BIG anniversary around here. Our sweet Molly was born one year ago on the 23rd. How fast time flies. I have to remind myself to stop with the busy things in life and enjoy her now while she's still a baby. The dishes can wait for a minute. Sitting her on my lap and watching her learn new things like how to say book, moo like a cow can't and will be missed out on if I distract myself. She truly is such a joy and so happy. The moment she came into this world will be one I will never forget. That dark brown curly hair, the squished up face, her popeye look every time she ate. She ate and slept and snuggled...all 7 lbs 7 oz.

Now...12 months later...she's:

18 lbs 7 oz and 27 3/4 inches long--a little bitty but a loud personality
Walking
Saying: Momma, Da Da, Book, Ba Ba, Baby, Moo, and Ruff Ruff
Sleeping 2 2-hour naps and 12 hours at night
Loves books, singing (pretty well if I may brag a little), her baby, Mickey Mouse, giraffes, and Abby (from Sesame Street), and emptying out EVERTHING she can get her hands on.
Doesn't like to be cuddled-would rather explore the world freely but will sit in your lap if there's a book around (or a computer!)
Loves to eat: CARBS! Waffles and muffins are her fav as well as bananas, sweet potatos, green beans, and spinach.

What a perfect little blessing you are in our lives Molly.





2 comments:

Lauren said...

She's adorable! Hard to believe she is 1 already!

Linda said...

What a joy to read her stats. She's at the top of my Fantasy team. And you are such a wise and wonderful mother.