Monday, July 06, 2009

Home Made

Our garden this year is growin out the wazoo! I only planted a little over half the plants I usually do just because I'm not going to feel like weeding, picking, and watering tons of beans and okra when I'm ginormous.  We did plants staples though....tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and watermelon!! Mmmm! We've got 7 watermelon cooking which is the most we've EVER had. Casey just picked our 1st this morning....I know what OUR dessert's going to be. Plus a million cucumbers....I can't eat and give these things away fast enough. We went to the beach for 5 days and came back to cucumbers the size of my leg! I've made 2 batches of pickles so far so any other ideas for cucumbers....let me know!






This was Casey being supportive during my pickle making. He LOVES the smell of vinegar! Thankfully...I'm all about vinegar these days!


Here's a pic of me at 23 and 6 weeks! It was taken yesterday at our pool in Pensacola. More beach pics to come....

3 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Oh my word....you grew that PERFECT watermelon?!! Incredible!!! And those cucumbers?! Great job girl.

Linda said...

You are such a Little Red Hen. Can't wait to try your pickles. Stay cool. Linda

Jeremy and Jessica Bagge said...

I LOVE homemade pickles! I have wonderful memeoreis of my mom's. She's canned just about everything. I hope to have a garden again when we move back. Then you'll have to teach me!