Tuesday, December 05, 2006

cloud view

Drew this tonight in photoshop when I should have been writing a paper. Reminds me of Black Rock Mountain in North Georgia.. there is this campsite up there a few miles out on a loop trail. My first camping trip alone I woke up there above the clouds.

I think I'm going to keep working on it later.. it's fun adding buildings and stuff.. maybe a lake. I definately need to take the text off though.
EDIT:

I keep deleting things that I added.. it's hard to know where to stop. I started to put in a whole city sticking up out of the clouds on the left, but it just cluttered the landscape. I'm still undecided about the stars. They're hard to see on this small version. I like them, but they don't really fit the lighting. any suggestions?

modifications: I worked on the character a bit, added to the city, took out the text, added stars, and added the seascape on the left.

Edit:

modifications: had to add reflection of light house in water, saved a blue version too

5 comments:

Rydel said...

that's very pretty. BTW call me back.

Rydel said...

Oh I almost forgot. Happy Festivus

Casey said...

mom: Thanks! I'm not quite done with it yet though. I'll send you the big version when I am.

stephen: I'll call ya tomorrow.. and Happy Festivus for you too!

Anonymous said...

casey: your pottymouth seems to have entertained our blog readers. but i am not condoning what you did! :)

kelly: no need to apologize...i'm married to josh, nothing shocks me anymore. we should compare notes. :)

Casey said...

I learned that word from the Bible! :P